Full Time - 5.5 days per week
Salary: Depending on experience
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated and hardworking person to join the riding team here at Greatwood in beautiful Marlborough.
The successful candidate will be joining a great team and be working in a professional, top former racehorse yard, you will have the chance to make some new friends and also be challenged to meet your own personal career goals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Caring for all the horses and animals at Greatwood.
- Keeping the stables, stable yard and equipment clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that the yard is a safe clean area for teachers and students.
- Working closely within the equestrian team retraining the former racehorses in preparation for rehoming.
- Liaising with potential carers and the requirements associated with rehoming a Greatwood horse.
This role is extremely varied and can be hard work with long hours, including weekends. The Rider/Groom should:
- have excellent horse management and care skills being able to handle horses quietly, confidently, kindly, competently and respond appropriately to emergencies.
- be organised and able to behave in a professional manner.
- be able to work within a team.
- be articulate with good communication skills in order to represent Greatwood appropriately.
- be physically fit, happy to work hard and reliable.
- be flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing priorities.
Please contact Celia Matthes on 01672 514 535 or email email@example.com